I'm laying out my house and real estate related goals for the year so you can keep me accountable.
The main bathroom of the Mulberry House was supposed to be a quick and easy makeover but ended up involving some plumbing and drywalling. But here's how it turned out, along with sources.
The Mulberry House phase one renovation is complete so here's your opportunity to see how the main bedroom looks, along with sources.
Some electricians came over this week to update and prettify our electrical system, as well as wire new dedicated circuits for the range and fridge.
Now that the gun safe is gone, I'm finally able to play around with how to layout the kitchen. I had a plan that worked great on paper, but in the actual space, I'm not so sure.
After initial inspections and structural examination of the Downtown Luxury Slum when we bought it, the conclusion was that we didn't need to do any work on the roof. But we were suspicious so we did allocate a fair bit of extra contingency money in case the roof needed work. And that money all got used replacing the back half of our roof, which is a flat rubber roof. After one hurricane season, it became clear that the front roof was not in perfect condition either. But it took us until now to finally bite the bullet and get the historic metal roof replaced.
My newest get-rich-quick plan, renovation ups and downs, cooking with kids, drive-in-restaurants, and a bear glass!
It took nearly 4 hours of work and 2 months of preparation (aka persistently pestering the previous owner/seller) but the 1319 gun safe is finally out of the Mulberry House.