Guatemala is one of the destinations in my completely random 2023 travel itinerary, thanks to Scott’s Cheap Flights. It’s going to be a minimally planned trip, but still well researched. So here’s what I’ve found in my research so far:
If you don’t do at least 10 of these 26 things in Guatemala, you haven’t really been to Guatemala.
- Climb a volcano
- Eat a tostada
- Sightsee in Antigua
- Shop Chichicastenango Market
- Explore Rio Dulce National Park
- Visit a museum
- Marvel at Lake Atitlan
- Try surfing
- Swim at Semuc Champey
- Visit Xela
- Watch sunset on Flores Island
- Drink a Gallo beer
- Go tubing underground in Candelaria Caves
- Visit a coffee farm
- Learn some Spanish
- Ride a Chicken Bus
- Eat a pupusa
- Drink a cocktail with Ron Zacapa rum
- Spend some Quetzal
- Fly into or out of La Aurora International Airport
- Ride a boat
- Eat some guacamole
- Visit a church
- Explore the ruins at Tikal
- Eat some queso
- Drink a Cabro beer
Guatemala Travel Bingo
Use this link to get your Guatemala Travel Bingo card.
- The goal is to get a horizontal, vertical, or diagonal line or four corners.
- Bonus points for an X.
- Extra Bonus points for a blackout.
Use the comments to share your winning card.
- My eternal respect for anyone who gets a bingo.
Leave a Reply